If you choose to become a Guild member, you will be able to use Guild workshop facilities, hire use of kilns and sandblaster and use tools to work on your own projects without having to enrol in a course where tutors are available.
Guild facilities are for the use of all members. Members are expected to:
- follow safety requirements of the Guild and care for the equipment. This includes wearing closed in shoes at all times.
- report accidents, faults or breakages via [email protected]
- provide your own glass, other materials and consumable items, such as adhesives, flux, patinas. The items in the “course cupboard/s” are not for general use.
- provide your own timber or polystyrene base for leadlight and copperfoil projects. Shelves are not for this purpose, and boards are for students undertaking beginners’ courses.
- look after hand tools at the Guild, and do not borrow them for home use. (Limited numbers are available and are mainly for use by students in paid courses.)
- except for Saturdays when shop volunteers are present, understand that shop facilities may not be available.
- not remove tools or other items from tutors’ cupboards or storage boxes for use on own projects.
- appreciate that the person opening the Guild is there to work on their own projects.
At completion of the project time, members should:
- clean tables and equipment they have used;
- put tools away in the correct place;
- store projects at the Guild on the shelves provided (or take them home);
- wash and dry cups, plates etc and put away;
- tidy the kitchen and glass room;
- while vacuuming is the preferred method, at a minimum, sweep floors.
Note: Volunteer members open facilities for others to work on projects. They are working on their own projects. Except for Saturdays, shop facilities will not necessarily be available.
Opening Times for Members’ Projects
- Monday 9:00am to 3.00pm
- Wednesday 9:30am to 2.00pm
- Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Saturday 9:00am to 12:00pm, unless workshop is in use for a weekend course.
At times the Guild may close for courses, workshops, maintenance or other emergent priorities. Members will be notified by email of any changes.