In addition to the camaraderie & social interaction you will experience at the Guild, you will find many experienced members who are very willing to share their knowledge, and help you improve your skills. Additional benefits of being a member, include:
- Use of Equipment and small tools use: Use of a range of items to work on projects at the Guild – grinders, hand tools, soldering irons, cutting mats, light boxes, and more.
- Ability to purchase: The Guild is a member-based organisation and sells glass, tools, and other related materials only to our members. Our buying power allows us to sell our products at a rate usually cheaper than retail.
- Members’ Project Times: The Guild is open for members to work independently on their own projects. Please note opening times and conditions for participation which members are asked to abide by.
- Participation in Show & Sale: Ability to display and sell items at the Guild’s Show & Sale (usually held over a weekend in July/August at the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens Auditorium).
- Borrowing Library: Access to borrow from an extensive collection of glass art and pattern books.
- Hire of kilns: After pre-requisite training in use and care, you can hire our kilns for a small fee. Training is part of Beginners Fusing and Slumping courses. Kilns may be booked online and paid for at the Guild.
- Hire of sandblaster: After pre-requisite training in use and care, you can hire our sandblaster for a nominal fee. Training is part of a Sandblasting course.
- Use of bead making facilities: Studios, torches and tools are available for use during Members’ Project Times for a small fee.
- Enrolment in Intermediate courses: Work on your own projects under guidance from a tutor, or experienced member. Minimal fees apply. Enrolment online is necessary. Note enrolment conditions including cancellation requirements.
- Brisbane Visual Arts Committee (BVAC): Opportunities to participate in BVAC “Pop Up” sales activities under the Guild’s umbrella.
- Special Events: Invitation to “Members Only” courses or workshops, Christmas function and other organised activities.
How to join
To join Creative Glass Guild, fill out the application form below, and submit with your annual fee payment.
Fees are $100.00 per year for new and continuing members. Your membership year commences from the date your membership is approved by the Management Committee, and confirmed to you in writing.
Conditions for membership and process of approval are explained in more detail in S6 & 8 of Rules of the Creative Glass Guild.
The Guild operates as a not for profit organisation, so all membership fees contribute to running the Creative Glass Guild – including insurance, power, purchase and maintenance of equipment, building maintenance and improvements.
- Select your preferred membership type and complete the below application form and make payment.
- On receipt of application, committee undertakes necessary checks.
- Depending on date on which you applied, admission may take up to 2 weeks to be confirmed. Benefits of membership are not available until your application has been processed.
NOTE: Those returning to the Guild after a lapse in membership regardless of period of time are treated as new members.
Please select your preferred membership type:
Recurring Annual Membership @ $100/year
(auto re-bill annually using PayPal or credit card)
Annual Membership @ $100 for 1 year
(one off payment for this membership year only)
Have questions? Contact us.